Standard Terms & Conditions
Effective for 2018 season
1. Agency Bookings Bookings made through Travel Agents are subject to agreed travel agency procedures regarding bookings and cancellations and the following conditions of hire.
2. Direct Bookings A deposit of 20 % of the hire fee is required at time of booking. A cruiser is booked only, when the signed completed booking form together with the deposit has reached Lough Ree Marine Services Ltd. and a hire invoice confirming the booking has been dispatched to the hirer. Cancellation is subject to condition no. 3 of these Standard Terms and Conditions. The hirer is responsible for the whole fee once the booking is confirmed. Balance of the hire fees must be paid one month before taking over the boat without any further reminder from Lough Ree Marine Services Ltd.
3. Cancellations Should the hirer be unable to take-over the cruiser, the following cancellation policy applies: Cancellations must be notified in writing to Lough Ree Marine Services Limited. - 55 to 49 days before holiday is due, 20 % of the hire fee will be retained by Lough Ree Marine Services Ltd - 48 to 35 days before holiday is due, 50 % of the hire fee will be retained by Lough Ree Marine Services Ltd - 34 to 15 days before holiday is due, 80 % of the hire fee will be retained by Lough Ree Marine Services Ltd - 14 to 1 days before holiday is due or no show, 100 % of the hire fee will be retained by rs Cancellations before 55 days of holiday is due will be charged with € 50 administrative fees. We advice our customers to inform themselves about a cancellation insurance.
4. Refundable Deposit Security deposit (refundable): € 1,500. Security deposits must be paid on departure and all or part may be withheld, if the cruiser is damaged, has caused damage, if parts of the inventory got lost or damaged, the cruiser is returned late or in a dirty condition. Alternatively a non-refundable waiver of € 130.00 ( 2 – 9 days ) or € 170.00 (10 days+) covers damage to the cruiser, does not include the loss of the dinghy, parts of the inventory, the cleaning etc. and damage to a third party)
5. Boarding and Instruction The hirer must be at least 21 years old and be in possession of a valid drivers license. The hirer is responsible for the whole crew, and will be held liable for any loss, damage or legal liability due to wilful and deliberate acts, including navigating outside the marked channel. Lough Ree Marine Services Ltd. retains the right, to refuse to handover craft to any hirer, who is not considered a suitable person to take charge. In such a case Lough Ree Marine Services Ltd would refund the total fee and would not be liable in any way to the hirer. The hirer takes over the cruiser after settlement of the necessary formalities (deposit, check inventory) and full instructions on the workings of the cruiser and navigation
on the Shannon. All hire periods commence from 2pm to 6pm onwards on relevant handover day. All cruisers are handed over with full fuel and water tanks. The hirer is obliged to respect the rules of Shannon Navigation Bye-Law and the regulations of Lough Ree Marine Services Ltd. Cruisers are not permitted to cruise after nightfall. It is illegal to navigate while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
6. Accidents and break-downs If an accident happens because of carelessness or disregard of the instructions, Lough Ree Marine Services Ltd cannot be held liable. The hirer agrees to inform Lough Ree Marine Services Ltd immediately of any damage to the cruiser and immediately endeavour to rectify the situation. Repairs must not be put into the hands of other firms or persons without authority.
7. Cruising Delays The Company cannot be held liable for any slight inaccuracy that may exist. The booking is made on the understanding, that the boat will be placed at the disposal of the Hirer on the date, unless the Company is prevented due to circumstances outside its control from doing so. In this event every effort will be made to supply a similar craft. Should this prove impossible, any payments made will be refunded in full and the Hirer will have no further claim against the Company.
8. Return of Cruisers The cruisers and equipment must be returned in a clean condition throughout and with full fuel- and water tanks by 9.30 a.m. on the Saturday, the cruise ends. Failure to comply with any of these conditions will result in the hirer having to pay a fine, which in the case of late return can amount to an additional day’s hire charge. If for some reason you are unable to clean your cruiser, Lough Ree Marine Services Ltd can provide a cleaning service, which you can pay for at the office.
9. Injury or damage to your property Hirers are specifically advised that there is no insurance cover provided for death, personal injury or loss or damage to personal property (including any motor vehicles parked at the Marina) under the Hire Agreement unless it is caused by the Company’s negligence or wilful default. Neither is such cover provided for any Licensee or Invitee of the Hirer. Hirers are strongly advised to secure separate insurance for these risks or to arrange an appropriate all-risk extension to their existing policies.
10. Transfers to and from Marina The responsibility for connecting with flights or any other mode of transport is strictly a matter of the Hirer. Without prejudice to this, Lough Ree Marine Services Ltd, if so requested, may arrange Transfer Services to and from the Marina but cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage suffered by the Hirers as a result of any delays whatsoever or howsoever caused.